شاغرة في القنصلية الأمريكية في البصرة
OPENING DATE: May 15, 2013
CLOSING DATE: May 29, 2013
WORK HOURS: Full time: 40 hours/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): 60,234 USD p.a. (Gross salary) (Position Grade: FSN-11)
*Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): 61,759 USD p.a. (Starting Basic salary) (Position Grade: FP-4*)
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Consulate in Basrah is seeking an individual to fill the position of Engineer in the Facilities Maintenance Section.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION:
The incumbent serves as the principal technical advisor to the Facility Manager. Coordinates the planning, design and construction of Consulate General’s facilities to ensure that all construction and alterations comply with USG standards and Iraq building codes. Performs engineering tasks. Prepares all specifications, drawings, blueprints and bid requirements or tenders for all non-routine repair and construction projects, along with providing technical direction to maintenance and repair crews for U.S. Government owned and leased properties. Performs other related duties as required. A copy of the complete position description listing all duties and responsibilities is available in the Human Resources Office and can be obtained by contacting us at IraqEmployment@state.gov
U.S. Embassy Baghdad
All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in architecture and/or engineering with a professional engineering license or other appropriate credentials for Iraq in the field of architecture and/or engineering is required.
2. At least three (3) years of experience in architecture and/or engineering in a construction engineering company with an additional two (2) years experience in construction supervision are required.
3. Level IV (Fluent) Writing/Speaking/Reading in English and Arabic are required. (Language proficiency will be tested).
4. Excellent skills in using specialized software systems to include, computer-aided drafting and design (CADD), plotters, scanners, digital cameras, and measuring equipment is required
5. Must have effective written and verbal communication skills.
6. Ability to operate a motor vehicle is required.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
1. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current Locally Employed Staff (LES) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first year of their employment, unless currently hired into a temporary position with less than 365 days.
3. Current Local Employed Staff (LES) serving a probationary period are ineligible to apply.
4. Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
5. Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
6. Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
7. Special Immigrant Visa (SIV) and Refugee Visa recipients are ineligible for employment with the U.S. Mission in Iraq because it is incompatible with immigration guidelines as stated in U.S.
Mission Policy Number 011-038 dated November 16, 2011.
Interested candidates for this position must submit the following for consideration of the application: 1. Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174); or
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information found on the UAE (see
Appendix B); or
3. A combination of both; i.e. Sections 1 -24 of the UAE along with a listing of the applicant’s work experience attached as a separate sheet; plus
4. Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application. Candidates who claim conditional US Veterans preference must submit documentation confirming eligibility for a conditional preference in hiring with their application.
5. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Interested applicants may apply for this position by filling out the DS 174-Universal Application for
Employment form and emailing it to IraqEmployment@state.gov
To view the DS 174-Universal Application for Employment form (UAE) and application instructions, please click on below:
E-mails received without the appropriate subject line will not be considered.
Your e-mail must states the vacancy title and vacancy announcement number in the subject line, example: VA 13-B-45, Engineer, FSN-11, Basrah
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: May 29, 2013
The US Mission in Baghdad provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation. The Department of State also strives to achieve equal employment opportunity in all personnel operations through continuing diversity enhancement programs.
The EEO complaint procedure is not available to individuals who believe they have been denied equal opportunity based upon marital status or political affiliation. Individuals with such complaints should avail themselves of the appropriate grievance procedures, remedies for prohibited personnel practices, and/or courts for relief.